Saturday, October 1, 2011

Surprise at Blanco Renaissanse Musieum

When I was a child I loved visiting painting exhibition because  near my house there was a Tatang Ganar paining gallery. So, I really exited when my friend asked us to visited Blanco museum and art gallery in Ubud. I don't have any idea who Blanco is..But my friend bloody wanted to went there.. So..Okeyyy... Here we are..


As we enter the gate.. Wow.. I like it, I lake the gate with the Blanco dynasty sign.. Like we entered to a palace.. hehe.. and the building so Balinese architecture, so natural :) [ooh, too many so]
But..whoaa.. I was shocked... and also so surprised.. the object of Blanco's painting were a naked women.. Yuuupp!!! This art, I know, but 'm  not an art expertise who can analyze painting. I just can't enjoy the paint,, just felt embarrassed, like looked my self at the picture... Ooohhh Noooo!!! 
But, his son who become painter also have a different style with his father.  We can see his work in his gallery... the most of his painting are fruits. Now, he manage the musieum and gallery :)

A view in the front yard at the entrance

In this place also not only show painting.. but also photograph of Antonio Blanco with his family and also with fame people.

Antonio Blanco was from Philippines. He studied at National Academy of Art in New York.  During those early formative years, Blanco concentrated on the human form, fascinated by the female body more than any other subject matter. To further his studies and ignite his traveling spirit, he traveled extensively throughout the world before he finally landed in Bali in 1952.The King of Ubud gave Blanco a piece of land to set up his home and studio in Campuan, Ubud, at the confluence of two sacred rivers. Blanco and his Balinese wife, the celebrated dancer Ni Ronji, lived in their mountain retreat, barely leaving it for the world outside.He was death in 1999. [Summarized from http://www.blancomuseum.com/]


But..I do not regret having come here because  I met these beautiful bird...
Although we already took pictures in Bali Bird Park but still we didn't miss opportunity to took pictures agaiiinn and agaiiinnn...


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment